Board of Directors
The members of our board of directors are prominent business professionals, entrepreneurs, educators, community leaders and philanthropists. They provide strategic direction, and guide us in building and developing programs and partnerships.
- Dr. Hang-Sheng Cheng , President Emeritus, The 1990 Institute
- Dr. Donald Kennedy , President Emeritus, Stanford University
- Dr. Robert T. Parry , President, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Dr. Harold T. Shapiro , President Emeritus, Princeton University
- Senator Adlai E. Stevenson III, Former U.S. Senator (D. Illinois)
- Ambassador Linda Tsao Yang, Former U.S. Ambassador, Asian Development Bank
1990 Institute Founders
In April 1990, our founders C.B. Sung and Hang-Sheng Cheng had the foresight to establish the Institute as an economic research think tank to help assist China’s modernization. Today, the 1990 Institute’s mission is to broaden understanding and build trust between the people of the United States and China through education, philanthropy, and collaboration. Please read more about our history and founders here.
- C.B. Sung, Co-Founder & Founding Chairman
- Dr. Hang-Sheng Cheng , Co-Founder & Founding President
- Rosalyn C. Koo , Founding Board Member
- Billy Lee, Founding Board Member