Table of contents
- Visitor consent
- General security
- Personal information we collect
- Data you submit about third parties
- Information we collect via technology
- Use of information we collect
- Your choices regarding personal information
- Disclosing information to third parties
- Links to outside websites
- Regarding minors
- Contact us
“Account” means an Institute account.
“Anonymous Information” means information not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not permit the identification of individuals.
“Personal Information” means your contact information, including, but not limited to, your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and any other non-public information that is associated with your contact information.
“Services” means the services we offer through the Websites.
2. Visitor consent
3. General security
4. Personal information we collect
We collect the following Personal Information that you voluntarily submit to us:
- When you create an Account, we collect your name, the username and password that you choose, the primary email address you provide to us, and any other information you choose to affiliate with your Account;
- When you enter any information, including Personal Information, into any posting or comments within the Services, we will collect such information;
- When you respond to one of our surveys, we will collect any information contained in such survey responses;
- When you leave us feedback or request support, we will collect any information that is contained in your feedback or support request; and
- When you contact us by sending us an email, we will collect your email address and any information contained in the email you send us.
In addition to their name, title, and email address, organization’s registered with the Institute are also required to provide us with their organization’s name, type, mission, and contact information. From time to time, the Institute may receive Personal Information about you via offline sources like telephone or fax. We may use this in combination with information collected online in order to improve the Services.
5. Data you submit about third parties
6. Information we collect via technology
When you access any part of our Websites, our web server software automatically logs information provided by your network connection and web browser software, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your network connection and the type of web browser and operating system that you are using. Our web server may also log the URL of the file that you are requesting, the current date and time, and the URL of the last web page requested by your web browser.
We may utilize cookies on our Websites to store your login information (if any) and your personal preferences for the Services. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them).
You have the option of disabling or not accepting cookies by changing the preferences in your web browser. If you opt to disable cookies, you will still be able to access our Websites, but you may not be able to use certain features of the websites, including placing ED Requests.
7. Use of information we collect
In general, we use Personal Information you submit to us to provide the Services to you, respond to requests you make, improve the Services, and offer you additional information, opportunities, and functionality. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with updates about the Services. None of the Personal Information we collect will be shared with third parties without your express authorization.
We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information that makes the Personal Information personally identifiable to you. We may use this Anonymous Information to learn more about how visitors use our Websites, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track visitor movement, and to gather general demographic information for reporting purposes.
8. Your choices regarding your personal information
The Institute regularly sends newsletters and promotional communications to (a) let you know about new information about our programs or changes to our Services, (b) offer you opportunities to participate in special opportunities, events, and surveys, and (c) notify you about services offered by outside partner organizations. These emails will originate from The Institute or its affiliates. You may choose to opt-out from receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication or by editing your communication preferences in your Account.
Note that in some cases, you may request that we delete your Personal Information, but we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives.
9. How to change your information
If you would like to change any of your Personal Information in your Institute Account, you can use the “My account” link from your The Institute homepage or you can send a request to change, correct, or remove information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any of the information contained in an organization record on the Institute website is incorrect, you should contact the Institute via email at email@example.com.
10. Disclosing information to third parties
11. Links to outside websites
12. Regarding minors
The Websites are not designed for minors under the age of 13. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 13.
13. Contact us
The Institute c/o The 1990 Institute, PO Box 383, San Francisco, CA 94104-0383. firstname.lastname@example.org