Special: Travel Fellowship for Teachers from Hawaii
Thanks to the generosity of our Hawaiian donors, we are pleased to invite middle school and high school teachers from Hawaii who are interested in contemporary China to apply for one of four fellowships of $1200 each to attend the 1990 Institute’s annual China Now | Teachers Workshop.
Please go to 2015 Teachers Workshop for details about this Workshop.
Applications must be submitted by June 25, 2015. Candidates will receive notification in one week.
- You are a middle or high school teachers currently teaching at a public, parochial, or
independent school in Hawaii at the 7th‐12th grade level.
- You need to, or want to, teach about modern China to your students.
- You preferably teach subjects such as World History, Asian Studies, Social Studies, Mandarin or other Asian Languages, or other relevant areas.
How to Apply:
- Fill out the 2015 Teachers Workshop Application.
- Send an e‐mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2015 Workshop Fellowship” to alert us about your request and to provide any additional reasons, not already specified in the application, on why you should receive the fellowship.
- Ask the head of your school or another senior administrator to write an e‐mail supporting your application to Lucille Lee (Lucille.email@example.com).
Obligations in Receiving the Fellowship:
- Attend all sessions of the Workshop on both days.
- Submit at least one lesson plan to our 2015 Lesson Plan Contest, based on the rules specified in the Contest and by the September 30, 2015 submission deadline.
How the Fellowship Is Administered:
- You will make your own travel arrangements such as air transportation, hotels, ground transfers and meals (note: continental breakfast and lunch will be provided by the Workshop).
- We can answer questions about the Bay Area and provide recommendations for nearby hotels, etc., but will not be responsible for whatever arrangements that are made by the fellow(s).
- The $1200 Fellowship Grant will be given out on August 4, 2015, the second day of the Workshop. (Note that you will not be receiving the $200-$300 stipend that is given to teachers from the continental U.S.)
For additional questions, please contact Lucille Lee (Lucille.firstname.lastname@example.org) , our CHINA NOW Program Chair of both our Teachers Workshop and our Modern China Lesson Plan Contest.